Friday, June 17, 2005

Approaching the Final Hour

My, it has been a tiring day, and it's not over yet. I was running around all day to get this and that. Bought a pair of cheap shoes and some socks in Nilai 3. Got a blueberry cake in Cempaka after searching for a bakery all over Nilai. Almost forgot to get a picture frame to hold the cheque for the duit hantaran.

Lisa called just after lunch. She sounded cheerful over the phone. It was really sweet to hear her voice. She called because one of the Star Wars DVD wasn't working. Before hanging up, she wished me well. "May the Force be with you," she said. She has gotten the Star Wars bug, too. Never stray to the dark side, my dear.

We left Bandar Seri Putra around 4:20pm. Reached Rembau 45 minutes later. Stopped by Cec's place for tea, and then proceeded to stay at her mom's cousin's house, 500 meters away.

The ladies worked to finalize the hantaran. Some of the gift baskets needed to be filled with chocolates and other things. They picked some fresh sirih leaves nearby, and arranged them in the tepak sirih.



I'm all sweaty now, and need to get a shower. Kak Yah has ironed my baju melayu and the matching pants. I look forward to put them on, and eagerly wait for somebody to invite us to go over to Cec's for the ceremony.

The day it's not over yet. But I know it is going to end well.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Langat said...

congratulations, Kamal.Your dad was smiling all day, satisfied as things have gone smoothly and well.
abg. Hashim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home