Saturday, June 11, 2005

Voice-Over and Old Desk Cover

I was in the office when I received a call from Teecee (he's from Teluk Cempedak, if you could guess from his nickname) requesting me to do a voice-over (VO) for a documentary that he's producing. It's not something I've done before, and I always cringe when I listen to the sound of my recorded voice.

But I thought that it would be an interesting thing to do, and I could use some extra cash to buy a Secret Recipe cake as the hantaran for the wedding. The money is not a lot as an amateur VO talent can't demand much. I was really doing it for the experience.

Teecee picked me up from the office, and after dinner we arrived at the recording studio in Sri Gombak. We were greeted by Leb, the sound engineer for the studio, who then set up the equipment and briefed me on the do's and don'ts.



Jojie, a professional VO talent, arrived a while later to do the female part of the 20-minute documentary. She works for Astro, and chances are, you might have heard her voice on some of the commercials they aired on radio.



The job was more or less satisfactory, other than several mispronunciations on some words. I had trouble saying 'mengemukakan' and had to change that to 'memberi.' It was not easy to read smoothly without making mistakes, and I could really appreciate the coolness of TV and radio newscasters.



After completing our tasks in Sri Gombak, Teecee and I then proceeded to join Andy, Nul and Mon (Jojie's hubby) for a TT in KL. The discussion revolved around the upcoming MCOBA weekend in KK, where they will be performing in a band.



I then followed them to MCOBA Penthouse. They were going through songs selection while I watched TV and talked with Cec over the phone. Towards the end, Mon was showing us his collections of memorabilia from koleq days. There were 3rd class train tickets from five years, '86 Speech Day souvenir book, and other things. But the most precious of all for me was a large piece of paper I used to cover my desk during SPM exam. There were things I jot down and drawn almost 20 years ago. Other friends had expressed their creativity on it as well, bringing back tons of memories.



I finally reached home at 4am, and it didn't take long for me to make the transit to slumberland.

3 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger TT said...

Can't wait to hear your Connecticut accent :-) Oh yeah, selamat pengantin baru too.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger CestmoiCK said...

Wah, soon to be a femes person, eh Camus. Nanti dah femes, jangan lupa ikan-ikan bilis macam kami ni ek? :)

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Camus said...

Ish, CK. Mana ada femes? Bidan terjun je. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home