Sunday, June 26, 2005

Dance of the Universe

I wish I had my camera with me. Mecury, Venus and Saturn at this very moment are in alignment and appeared on the western horizon just after the sun has set. It was my first time looking at the planets with my naked eyes, and what more, three of them together.



Dhoby from Birmingham had alerted us on the event on Friday. I completely forgot to about it on Saturday, and when Feisal and rest kept talking about it, I set my reminder to make sure I wouldn't miss it.

I went out of the building just after sunset. I was at first dissapointed as the sky was very cloudy and there was nothing to look at. Just as I was about to go back into the building, a bright star peeked out of the cloud. And then another one, dimmer and smaller, appeared. Finally, there was a faint glimmer of the third one.

My office building is at the top of Bukit Bandaraya, with a superb view of KL, PJ and surrounding areas. Remember the picture of the sunset in my earlier post? Well, that is the same area where the three planets appeared.

This particular alignment won't happen again until 2070. I'm glad I was there to witness it. I just had a look outside the window. The clouds have covered them now. My encounter with one of the many dances of the universe had been brief. But in that brief moment, I experienced eternity.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Chech said...

Ethereal!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger CestmoiCK said...

Thanks for the pic/graphic there :) I didn't manage to catch it coz' I didn't get out of the house at all (layan MIL mahhhhh!) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home