Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gotta Take Care of My Physical Shell

My waist went from size 32 in 1993, to size 33 in 1996, to size 34 in 2001, and currently it's at size 35. It has been a constant increase, and I had to do something about it.

For the past 48 hours, I've only had two light meals and I've been going on a low calorie food supplement diet. The diet plan is supposed to burn fat as well as to suppress any hunger pangs. I'm feeling lighter and fresher, though a little light-headed at times. All in all, it's a great feeling not to have to eat so much. Perhaps I've been abusing my body too much by taking in food which it doesn't really need.

I'm taking the same approach which I took when I quit smoking last July. I'm associating high-calorie fatty food with pain, and the freedom of not to have to eat three square meals a day with pleasure. I have another 40 days or so to complete the diet plan, and I should be able to witness noticeable differences in my weight within a week or two.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger omph said...

Hey C...

Having the same troubles here myself... never measured my waist tough... just went from oh lets say 90 to 108 in what ? 10 years ?

Never tried the special diets and programs and stuff... Don't believe in them... in the long run that is.

Weight is just a sum of calories intake and spending. The must balance else your in trouble. Now the short term view is cut the intake and that'll solve the problem ?
You might get into trouble there because your body will have a tendency of activating its "power-saving" mode. You'll feel tired and lustless all the time just so that you'll save the energy stored in the fat. And as soon as you eat something the body will be quick to transform it to fat (energy reserve).

So my effort right now is watch the intake (use just enough for a normal life) and exercice so as to augment the spending.
With this be carefull to exercice the aerobic system (you must still be able to more or less talk while exercising).

That being sais... good luck with your efforts

Ray

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger TT said...

You're 35 now? Time to join me at the gym.

PS/ The one outside my office is only RM30 a month. It doesn't get any cheaper than that. The only problem is, it's right above "La Manila Cake House"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home